1. Thanksgiving is next week, and I am pumped. I love Thanksgiving. It’s my favorite holiday because it’s the one day of the year I can eat my weight in turkey and potatoes without going to a Luby’s.
2. I’ve got an idea for a three-post series that I think is gonna be really good, but I’m gonna wait a couple weeks to put it up. I’ve already got some stuff lined up for next week, and I want it to get its due attention.
3. I’m not sure if the correct spelling is “homie” or “homey.” I feel like it’s probably the first one, as the second refers to comfortable, like a home. And I know that asking totally ruins my street cred, but in my defense, slang terms and phonetics do not always go hand in hand. (By the way, is “jive turkey” still a thing people say?)
4. Water Forward is another cool way to provide clean water to those who need it. I was invited in by Tyler Stanton, and now I get to invite some people in. More details on that coming soon.
5. I do not understand America’s taste in pop culture. Terrible music and TV shows make millions, while good, talented, creative, innovative stuff goes unnoticed. (And I’m not still ranting about “Community” being taken out of NBC’s schedule, though that is one instance.) Maybe I’m a snob, or an old fart, but I just don’t get it. More on this later.
So, what are you up to?