1. We had our church Fall Fest last night and my two year old ate his weight in candy. So, he was up crying most of the night. I’m not sure if his stomach hurt or if he was tired but couldn’t sleep- whatever the case, nobody in the house slept much last night. On top of that, we’re all fighting various forms of a head cold/sore throat/congestion/ear ache so if you’re the sort of person that prays, say one for our little family.
2. Obligatory family Halloween photo:
3. What a tough weekend to be a Dallas sports fan. First, the Rangers get beat in the world series after leading the series 3-2 and having a lead through most of game six. Then, the Cowboys get their butts handed to them on Sunday night. Like I keep saying on Twitter, Go Texans. (Who are 5-3 and leading the division and have a pretty nice schedule for the rest of the season.) (And don’t bother talking about the Astros. They’re terrible. I get it.)
4. It’s Reformation Day! Go out and celebrate, Protestant friends! On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther posted his “95 Theses” on the door of the Castle Church in Wittenburg. It was a bunch of complaints and grievances against the Catholic church, and an attempt to “reform” the church. Instead, there was a bunch of fighting and eventually a split. (Wow- church folks have really changed, huh?) So, if you’re Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian- Today is your day! Sola scriptura! Sola fide! Sola gratia! Solo Christo! Soli Deo Gloria!
5. What are you doing tonight for Halloween? Trick or treating? Carving pumpkins? Church stuff? Leave a comment. I’ll go first.