Hey guys- let’s give 10 million gallons of cleaning drinking water away. What do you think?
I’ve mentioned this before, but I love the work that Compassion International does. They do much more than just feed hungry children. Their approach is holistic, meaning they focus on physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial needs of children and families. Plus, all of their work is done through partnerships with local churches around the world, so everything they do is really done in Jesus’ name and by his people.
One of the newest and coolest things they’re doing is a program called “Water of Life.” Here are some quick facts:
- More than 4,000 children die every day from unsafe drinking water.
- Contaminated water kills over 3 million people every year.
- A person who drinks the recommended 64 ounces of water every day and lives to be 80 years old will consume 14,600 gallons of water in a lifetime.
- A Water of Life filtration system from Compassion International will produce one million gallons of safe drinking water.
- The cost for one of these filtration systems is $55. Yep- what we spend on fast food and coffee in a month can provide a lifetime of clean water to a family living in poverty.
Here’s what you can do:
- Click this link to go to a secure site where you can donate to the “BDB- Water of Life” fundraiser. I’ve set a goal of $550, which will provide ten filtration systems to families in need. There is no minimum or maximum donation, so give what you can. If it’s $1, that’s great. Only $549 more to go- thanks!
- Share this post, or the link to the fundraising site to get more people involved. I don’t know what happens if we hit our goal quickly, but I’d love to have to find out.
- Pray for the work of Compassion, and the families who will receive these filters. God knows who they are, even if we don’t, so pray for them.
So, to recap: Click. Give. Share. Pray.
10 million gallons is a lot of water. Let’s get this done.