1. Catalyst Dallas – Craig, Waylon and I are on our annual trip to the Catalyst leadership conference, only this year, instead of Atlanta, GA we’re in DFW. Very excited to be there.
2. Eric Peters concert – Eric Peters is a singer/songwriter from Nashville, and he’s coming to Peachtree to do a concert on Sunday, May 22. Not only is he a great musician, he’s one of the nicest guys on the planet. He’s gonna do a concert Sunday, then we’re gonna play golf on Monday. (By the way, you’re invited!)
3. Judges 7 – I’ve been studying this chapter while getting ready for a revival I’m preaching next week, and it’s a great reminder that God doesn’t need a ton of resources to change the world. He can defeat large armies with a handful of faithful followers. As a small church pastor in a small town, that’s a very encouraging passage of scripture.
4. Revival – I’m preaching one in Newton this Sunday-Wednesday. Very excited about what God’s going to do there, and thankful to be a part of the action.
5. Books – I’ve finished a couple of really good ones lately (this one and this one), I just bought a couple more(this and this), and I know I’ll buy even more at the conference this week. Remember kids: “Readers are Leaders.”
6. Our anniversary – This Saturday, Liz and I celebrate six years of marriage. Marrying her is one of the smartest things I’ve ever done. Our marriage isn’t perfect, but it’s great. I love her more today than I ever have, and I still look forward to spending the rest of my life with her.
Your turn: What’s something you’re excited about right now?