About a month ago, I made a comment to a friend about a pet peeve I have. He said, “I like that. This sounds like a good list.” Then I thought, “That would be a fun list…” So here it is, in no particular order- 8 things that drive me up the wall.
- Getting wet when I’m not prepared for it. When it’s raining, or when that funny guy sprays you with a hose or spray bottle, etc. If I’m not “playing in water,” I don’t “want to be wet.”
- Chunky peanut butter. It’s just dumb and gross. It tears the bread, and worst of all, IT PUTS CHUNKS OF PEANUTS IN YOUR SANDWICH. Do you wash it down with chunky milk? There’s no way anyone really likes that stuff.
- People who constantly pop their gum. If I’m chewing bubble gum, I’ll occasionally blow one big bubble, just to see if I still can. That’s fine. You can do that. I’m talking about people who have chewing gum, and constantly pop those little, loud, multi-bubbles.
- Continuing to sweat after a shower. This is related to #1, but grosser. I get sweaty, take a shower, get out, get dressed, and only then do I realize that I’m still sweating. Come on, glands! Get with the program.
- Reba McEntire’s voice. No explanation needed.
- Emotionless covers of great songs. This mostly happens on Christian radio, but country is pretty guilty of it also. (Though I don’t listen to country music, I notice when it happens.) Someone releases a beautiful, meaningful, powerful song, it’s a huge hit, a dozen people cover it but suck all the life and energy out of it. (Would it be too judgmental if I mention Isaiah 29:13? Probably. I won’t do that.)
- NCIS. It is sooooooooo bad. I would gladly lick the backside of a skunk if it would get this atrocity of a TV show off the air forever. I’d do that for you, people of Earth. I love you and hate Gibbs and his moronic friends that much.
- People who almost drive the speed limit. I’m driving behind you. The sign says 70. You’ve got your cruise set at 68. You’re probably also popping your Doublemint and rocking out to Reba, you four toed wombat- please just speed up or move.
I’m sure there are more, so I’ll amend if/when needed. Now it’s your turn. What are your pet peeves? What things drive you blonkernuts? Let us know in the comments section.