I’ve noticed that there’s a pretty limited number of options when it comes to Facebook profile pics. At times, we’re all guilty of some of them. Lets discuss…
1. “Self-Shot” – Taken at arm’s length with your camera phone. And I know for a fact that’s not the first one you took- it’s the one you thought looked best. Be sure to erase all the bad ones off your phone before I find them and post them. (*Variation- “Bathroom Mirror Self-Shot”- Camera pointed at bathroom mirror, usually one hand holding the camera, one hand on a hip- ooh, you’re sassy! FYI- The reflection of the flash is painfully bright and the writing on your Abercrombie t-shirt is backwards.)
2. “I accomplished something amazing!” – You ran a marathon, climbed a mountain, opened for Weezer, or did something else that was the highlight of your month. You look very proud, as you should- you did it!
3. “Family Portrait” – I’m guilty of this one pretty often. When you’re a parent, you’re proud. That picture from the church picnic, the portrait that was on your Christmas card, the four of you wearing matching t-shirts you got on vacation to Hot Springs- pick any of them, they’re all precious.
4. “Cute Couple” – Uh, seriously? Could you two be any cuter? OMG, I think I’m gonna die- you are just. too. cute. He’s perfect for you. She’s adorable. You two are like Fred and Ginger… or at least Fred and Wilma.
5. “I went somewhere incredible!” – Are you kidding? You went to New York/London/Paris/the Grand Canyon/the moon/the rodeo/Panera Bread?!? (Pick one) How was it?!? I’m so jealous- I’ve always wanted to go there…
6. “Duck Face” – OK, this one I gotta say- I hate it. If you’re not familiar with duck face, try it for yourself. First, pucker your lips as much as you can. Further. Almost. There ya go. Now, raise your eyebrows really high. Finally, try to get one of your ears to touch your collarbone. THAT is duck face. People of America, I implore you- I know we don’t agree on much, but can we all band together and put a stop to duck face? Please- think of the children.
Did I miss any? Leave a message.